Nassau Life Insurance Company of Kansas (NASSAU)
Medicare Supplement Insurance
Medicare Supplement Insurance – sometimes referred to as “Medigap” insurance is a type of health insurance for seniors and others eligible for Medicare designed to bridge the coverage gaps left by standard Medicare benefits. It works in addition to your original Medicare (Part A and B) to provide for certain benefits not paid by Medicare.
Before you or a loved one purchases a Medicare Supplement health insurance policy, here are a few key things you need to know:
- As long as you continue to pay your premium, coverage benefits continue uninterrupted.*
- Medicare Part A and B is required, and all Medicare Supplement insurance plans require that you continue to pay your Part B premium and a separate premium for Medicare supplement coverage.
- Some plans have deductibles and copays applied to specific services.
- The percentage of coinsurance varies depending on plan.
- Some Medicare Supplement insurance plans cover foreign travel emergency services. (Maximums apply)
*The insurer reserves the right to increase rates on a class basis. Your policy cannot be terminated for any reason other than nonpayment of premium, or omissions or material misstatements in the application for insurance.
Important Notice: In the following states, all Medicare Supplement plans are available to persons eligible for Medicare because of disability: Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee.